Fun Story: My director kept telling me and my tenor sax buddy to play softer. No matter what we did, it wasn’t soft enough for him. So getting frustrated, I told my buddy “Dont play this time. Just fake it”
Our Band Director then informed us we sounded perfect.
To my readers: “p” means quiet, “pp” means really quiet. I’ve never seen “pppp” before haha.
On the contrast, “f” means loud, and “ffff” probably means so loud you go unconscious.
I had ffff in a piece once and my conductor told me to play as loudly as physically possible without falling off my chair…
Me and my trombone buddies had “ffff” and he sat next to me and played so hard that he fell out of his chair.
The lengths we go for music.
Okay yeah so I play the bass clarinet and the amount of air you have to move and the stiffness of the reed means it only has two settings and that is loud and louder, with an optional LOUDEST that includes a 50% probability of HORRIBLE CROAKING NOISE which is the bass equivalent of the ubiquitous clarinet shriek.
One day, when I was in concert band in high school, we got a new piece handed out for the first time, and there was a strange little commotion back in the tuba section — whispering, and pointing at something in the music, and swatting at each other’s hands all shhh don’t call attention to it. And although they did attract the attention of basically everyone else in the band, they managed to avoid being noticed by the band director, who gave us a few minutes to look over our parts and then said, “All right, let’s run through it up to section A.”
And here we are, cheerfully playing along, sounding reasonably competent — but everyone, when they have the attention to spare, is keeping an eye on the tuba players. They don’t come in for the first eight measures or so, and then when they do come in, what we see is:
[reeeeeeally deep breath]
[COLOSSAL FOGHORN NOISE]
The entire band stops dead, in the cacophonous kind of way that a band stops when it hasn’t actually been cued to stop. The band director doesn’t even say anything, just looks straight back at the tubas and makes a helpless sort of why gesture.
In unison, the tuba players defend themselves: “THERE WERE FOUR F’S.”
FFFF is not really a rational dynamic marking for any instrument, but for the love of all that is holy why would you put it in a tuba part.
This is the best band post
Everyone else go home
Oh man, so I play trombone, and we got this piece called Florentiner Marsch by Julius Fucik, and we saw this
which is 8 fortes. We were shocked until,
that is 24 fortes who the fuck does that
Who does that?
This guy. Take a good look - that is the moustache of a man with nothing to lose.
More like Julius Fuckit
what does the Devil say when he finds something funny?
Hell O L
That was hell-arious
Im the one who makes the jokes around here
Can we just take a few moments to appreciate the perfect human being who is Mark Gatiss?
How times change…
What if Hans still loves Anna?
What if when they trolls said “Get the fiancee out of the way” they meant it?
What if they cast a spell on Hans that replaced his feelings for her with greed?
What if Hans is stuck inside his own mind, screaming and crying, because the love of his life is slipping through his fingers, by his own hand?
What if the open door never closed?
In Australia, we don’t say “I love you” we say “kangaroo steve irwin crocodile didgeridoo” which roughly translates to “you can have one of my tim-tams” and I think that’s so beautiful.
- me: listens to a song
- me: halfway through realizes its an OTP Song
- me: starts the song over
- 1. Are looks important in a relationship?
- 2. Are relationships ever worth it?
- 3. Are you a virgin?
- 4. Are you in a relationship?
- 5. Are you in love?
- 6. Are you single this year?
- 7. Can you commit to one person?
- 8. Describe your crush
- 9. Describe your perfect mate
- 10. Do you believe in love at first sight?
- 11. Do you ever want to get married?
- 12. Do you forgive betrayal?
- 13. Do you get jealous easily?
- 14. Do you have a crush on anyone?
- 15. Do you have any piercings?
- 16. Do you have any tattoos?
- 17. Do you like kissing in public?
- 20. Do you shower every day?
- 21. Do you think someone has feelings for you?
- 22. Do you think someone is thinking about you right now?
- 23. Do you think you can last in a relationship for 6 months and not cheat?
- 24. Do you think you’ll be married in 5 years?
- 25. Do you want to be in a relationship this year?
- 26. Has anyone told you they don’t want to ever lose you?
- 27. Has someone ever written a song or poem for you?
- 28. Have you ever been cheated on?
- 29. Have you ever cheated on someone?
- 30. Have you ever considered plastic surgery? If so, what would you change about your body?
- 31. Have you ever cried over a guy/girl?
- 32. Have you ever experienced unrequited love?
- 33. Have you ever had sex with a man?
- 34. Have you ever had sex with a woman?
- 35. Have you ever kissed someone older than you?
- 36. Have you ever liked one of your best friends?
- 37. Have you ever liked someone who your friends hated?
- 38. Have you ever liked someone you didn’t expect to?
- 39. Have you ever wanted someone you couldn’t have?
- 40. Have you ever written a song or poem for someone?
- 41. Have you had sex so far this year?
- 42. How long can you just kiss until your hands start to wander?
- 43. How long was your longest relationship?
- 44. How many boyfriends/girlfriends have you had?
- 45. How many people did you kiss in 2012/2013?
- 46. How many times did you have sex last year?
- 47. How old are you?
- 48. If the person you like says they like someone else, what would you say?
- 49. If you have a boyfriend/girlfriend, what is your favorite thing about him/her?
- 50. If your first true love knocked on your door with apology and presents, would you accept?
- 51. Is there a boy/girl who you would do absolutely everything for?
- 52. Is there anyone you’ve given up on? Why?
- 53. Is there someone mad because you’re dating/talking to the person you are?
- 54. Is there someone you will never forget?
- 55. Share a relationship story.
- 56. State 8 facts about your body
- 57. Things you want to say to an ex
- 58. What are five ways to win your heart?
- 59. What do you look like? (Post a picture!)
- 60. What is the biggest age difference between you and any of your partners?
- 61. What is the first thing you notice in someone?
- 62. What is the sexiest thing someone could ever do for/to you?
- 63. What is your definition of “having sex”?
- 64. What is your definition of cheating?
- 65. What is your favourite foreplay routine?
- 66. What is your favourite roleplay?
- 67. What is your idea of the perfect date?
- 68. What is your sexual orientation?
- 69. What turns you off?
- 70. What turns you on?
- 71. What was your kinkiest wet dream?
- 72. What words do you like to hear during sex?
- 73. What’s something sweet you’d like someone to do for you?
- 74. What’s the most superficial characteristic you look for?
- 75. What’s the sweetest thing anyone’s ever done for you?
- 76. What’s the sweetest thing you’ve ever done for someone?
- 77. What’s your opinion on age differences in relationships?
- 78. What’s your dirtiest secret?
- 79. When was the last time you felt jealous? Why?
- 80. When was the last time you told someone you loved them?
- 81. Who are five people you find attractive?
- 82. Who is the last person you hugged?
- 83. Who was your first kiss with?
- 84. Why did your last relationship fail?
- 85. Would you ever date someone off of the Internet?